Case Study: KBC
KBC Bank is the banking subsidiary of the KBC Group, the leading independent, medium-sized, bancassurer based in Belgium. With more than 20% of market share and 3 million customers, KBC is one of the top three banks in Belgium. The Bank wanted to enhance its business efficiency and customer service by automating, streamlining and standardising the customer assessment and risk evaluation processes. KBC needed a flexible system so that the scoring models and processes could be updated regularly as the market and customer demands change. The solution needed to integrate with the Bank’s operations, including its internet banking facilities and be able to be used across the Bank’s network including its subsidiaries.
The Decision Analytics answer
KBC chose to work in partnership with Experian to implement a complete Decision Analytics solution. New Business SM and application scoring creates an accurate assessment of new customer applications. Probe SM and behavioural scoring helps KBC manage its business decisions in order to optimise the performance of the existing customer portfolio.
- Taking on the right customers with an accurate, objective assessment
- Optimising the performance of the customer portfolio with tailored and relevant strategies >>Achieving effective risk management with accurate and consistent risk evaluation
- Reducing operational costs through streamlined processes and automation
- Increasing revenues through the marketing of appropriate and attractive offerings
- Continually improving the lending policy and strategies with flexible tools
"Thanks to the Decision Analytics solution we have a state-of-the-art
approach to risk management. Decision making is rapid and consistent
across the operation, reducing time, cost and subjectivity within the
lending process and allowing us to build and maximise our customer relationships."